English partridges with chicks attributed to Henry Murray of Carnforth
P&P 60.00 GBP (UK)
Latin: Perdix perdix
Size: 54cm x 51cm x 25cm
Description: This elaboratley conceived dome shows partirdges and their chicks. It is attributed to the Carnforth taxidermist Henry Murray. Although it is a little faded it is otherwise in perfect order.
The business of Murray of Carnforth was established in 1872 by Henry Murray and continued with his son Albert James until Albert retired in 1961, originally trading as H. Murray and later as H. Murray and son from premises in Scotland Rd., Carnforth. The Murrays produced taxidermy of the highest quality equal with other top class taxidermist of that era. Their output was various, producing work for museums, most notably Kendal, decorative cases for the private market and trophies for the hunting fraternity.Add